And while I really hope my boy is taking in the high quality academic teaching he is offered (I am sure he is), I have to admit, there is some really solid teaching adorning posters hanging on the walls in his tenth grade classrooms:
- Make somebody's day.
- Ignorance is not an excuse.
- Choose your attitude.
- Be wise, protect your eyes.
- The expert in anything was once a beginner.
- Just because something is difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't try, it means you should just try harder.
- Reading can take you to the top.
- Who am I in the world?
- What is right and wrong?
- How do I communicate effectively?
- How do I recognize/understand/interpret differences?
Now back to class!